It must be summer. The collective sound of all school-involved folks sighing in relief that they survived another school year. Not suprisingly, homeschoolers are no different. While the institution is certainly different, everyone needs that brain break and that time of nothing really needed other than relaxation and catching up on rest & non-school projects. That renewal that comes from packing up completed things or trashing those no longer useful or needed. Ahhhhhhh!!!! We still have our year-end filing to do with the state, I can't do that until we get the girls' final report cards which should be in the next few days.
While I am excited for the coming school year, I am not so excited that I am ready for our summer break to be over. I'm rather enjoying this first week in a LONG time of nothing really happening. Still a lot on our calendar, but not so much that the to do list is growing. I'm actually gaining on it - quick, knock on wood! After my ideas were confirmed at the SETHSA homeschool conference in Houston earlier this month, I have finally ordered the rest of the girls' curriculums. I expect to have them all in within the next week or so. As I get them in, I am doing their lesson plans since we are doing several different publishers & styles. I've found that we go in the eclectic route as one kind does not fit all. Should be an interesting and fun year!!! We have plans to start up in mid/late July so that we have more time to rest during the holidays and other days as we see fit. It is so hot down here that while the break part of summer break is nice, the summer part is not. We are aiming to break more frequently, but for longer duration and be even more able to take advantage of those gorgeous fall & spring days than we were last year.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment