Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Aaahhhhhh!!!! Finally Refreshed!

After a nice spring break, visits with the MeMe and Grammy & Gramps, we are ready to pick school back up.  What a needed and wonderful break it was.  I rediscovered, though, how much the girls need a routine.  Without a routine, they bicker and are generally unpleasant particularly with eachoter.  Part of it is them being tired and part of it this time was losing our beloved Sammie, but part of it definitely was too much unstructured time on their hands.  They adjusted, but it took daily lectures and reminders.  I knew we needed the break, but did not really know how much until we picked things back up today.  Momma was approaching burn-out.  I am still ready for the school year to be over, but much of that is just my being ready to have a long break with no strings for a bit.  This break was nice, but I knew it was short and that there would be work again shortly.  We are ready to hit the homestretch and finish strong.  My goal for the next few weeks is to keep the morning focus on school for the kids and not the household stuff.  When I get distracted, it always ends up badly for the kids by either them not getting my full attention or having to wait.  It is one thing for that to happen because I am already helping with something else, but quite another because of my responding to an e-mail, doing a chore, or working on another project.  I have to remember that school is not only their job during the day, but mine as well that I need to balance better with all of my other "jobs".  Now, with a refreshed outlook & motivation, I will hopefully be successful with God's help in that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment