Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Home Stretch

The school year for Boutte Academy has been a wonderful one, but I am ready for it to end.  1st & 4th grade is getting old.  We enjoyed a great deal of flexibility, so while we were supposed to have been done by now, we are still working.  We have 7 more school days and with the kids all recovering from an odd virus, dreams of doubling up to knock it out are simply that, dreams with little to no chance for reality.  That is okay, though, because we are finishing things up bit by bit.  Just not as fast as my inner-child-suffering-from-senioritis-self would like. 

I am looking forward to our summer break - A LOT!  This year, I got somewhat smart and did not yet order the curriculum for next school year.  I can really be schooling free for summer break - at least the first part.  How nice that will be.  One silver lining of the kids' virus is that I am being mostly productive in our home-bound state.  The house is getting cleaner & more organized each day.  I am eating well and staying on top of my running/exercising, so the pesky few pound I wanted to drop is coming off.  Historically, home-bound state meant snacking throughout the day.  Luckily, so far, I have been strong enough to resist that.

Now the big hurdle that lays before me after the girls finish up is the filing with the state.  I've been picking away at it to try to have it not be a big deal, but given this is the first year where our program is not accredited, I feel more scrutiny on it.  Time will tell how well I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment