We've gotten up to full speed now and have even added an activity. Madelyn will be competing in a homeschool spelling bee next week. The top 3 3rd-4th graders will go on to the regional Bee in February. She has been reluctant to do it, but has now seen the word list and is very excited. A mock Bee is set up for tomorrow night after which she'll have a better idea of what it will be like. Pretty exciting to have nearly every "school" activity still available for homeschoolers.
The girls will also start drama classes in a few weeks when the new season starts and I think I am more excited about that than they are, but I think they will love it. It will give them both exposure to things and friends they wouldn't otherwise get. They also have tennis lessons starting right about the time that their ice skating lessons end. All in all, I'd say that my fears of them not getting exposed to activities that they would get in "school" are being relieved. Hopefully, we'll continue to make friends as we go about our activities. Megan especially is a bit lonely, but we are working on that.
Madelyn turns 9 tomorrow and I am really wondering how in the world time went by that fast. I am forever grateful for the time that we have had to grow closer and for me to have a front row seat watching her grow up from an infant to young lady. Such a priveledge and blessing from God! I look forward to continuing the journey as her mother, friend, and biggest fan.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment